Services at Elstow Abbey
A warm welcome to Elstow Abbey - especially if you are new to the village or church.
Elstow Abbey welcomes people of all ages and backgrounds and provides traditional Anglican services as well as those with a modern style of worship.
The Abbey holds traditional services based on the Book of Common Prayer (BCP) and, as given in the 1946 Shorter Prayer Book, Holy Communion, Mattins and Evensong ,
as well as services based on Common Worship (CW).
Prayer Book services are :
Services based on Common Worship are :
- - Mattins is held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays at 11.20am.
- - BCP Holy Communion is held on the fourth Sunday of the month at 11.20am.
- - Evensong (EveningPrayer) is held most Sundays at 6.30pm.
- - Weekday Service of Holy Communion - Thursdays at 11am
However, please check the Church Calendar for any of these servicces in case there have been
amendments to the usual schedule. Also see the Elstow Abbey Google Calendar (link to this on the home page).
- - Holy Communion with Sunday School at 10.00am. This all-age service is held on nearly every Sunday at 10am and uses Common Worship
- - Family Service at 10.00am (4th Sunday of the month) These are informal services - with a band - and where children are encouraged to take an active part.
For more information, please use see the contacts page of this website or use the following link:
Elstow Abbey enquiries
Page updated: August 2015